LCFS of Michigan offers adoption assistance through Lutheran Adoption Service, Inc., which is the state's largest private adoption agency specializing in the adoption of children from the Michigan foster care system.
Lutheran Adoption Service
Lutheran Adoption Service (LAS) is a full service private adoption agency, providing services for state ward adoptions. LAS specializes in the placement of children from the state foster care system. Services provided by LAS are provided to everyone regardless of faith. The goal of LAS is for all children to have a secure, loving, stable and permanent family.
Adoption is a loving option to deal with an unplanned pregnancy. In order to meet the needs of the birth parent and adoptive parents, the following services are provided:
- Training for adoptive parents
- Support groups for waiting children
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Adoptive Family Assessments
- Adoption supervision
- Support groups for adoptive parents, adoptee and birth parents
- Post adoption services
- Birth Parent Release Counseling
For more information, visit http://www.lasadoption.org or call 248-423-2770.